August 26, 2016 at 1:26 pm #5056Robin CKeymaster
Apple has released iOS 9.3.5 update to all iPhone’s and iPad’s today. They have addressed 3 critical security bug fixes with the release of iOS 9.3.5 that allows Government Agencies to spy on any target users. The security flaw allowed hackers to gain control of the iPhone and let hackers listen to phone calls, record sounds using iPhone’s microphone, retrieve passwords, read emails and trace the location without users knowledge.
These vulnerabilities initially sold to NSO Group, an Israeli outfit that sells software to track targets invisibly. NSO Group’s Spokesperson claims that the company sells these exploits, only to authorized governmental agencies and has strict control laws and regulations. They also claim that these exploits are used only for prevention and investigation of crimes.
Citizen Lab which brought the security problem to light, notified by an human rights activist Ahmed Mansoor, UAE. He received a text message which looked suspicious and he forwarded the case to Citizen Lab for examination. They found three iOS vulnerabilities which allowed any hacker to hijack the iPhone or iPad remotely. They reported the bugs to apple, and knowing the high risk factor, apple managed to release iOS 9.3.5 with fixes quickly.
Download iOS 9.3.5 for iPhone and iPad [Direct Links]
- iOS 9.3.5 (4S):iPhone4,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (5 GSM):iPhone5,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (5 GSM+CDMA):iPhone5,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (5s GSM): iPhone6,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (5s GSM+CDMA): iPhone6,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (5c GSM): iPhone5,3_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (5c GSM+CDMA): iPhone5,4_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (6+): iPhone7,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (6): iPhone7,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (6s): iPhone8,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (6s+): iPhone8,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- iOS 9.3.5 (SE): iPhone8,4_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
Note: You may use Internet Download Managers to download the iOS .ipsw file for faster downloads.
So, if you are using iPhone and iPad with iOS 9.3.4 running, do check “Software Update” section under “Settings – General” to download iOS 9.3.5 update. Once updated, your iPhone will be safe and secure from hijacking attacks reported under these 3 vulnerabilities.
Thanks for reading, do share this post to let your friends and followers across Twitter, facebook and google+ to know about these serious security problem with iOS 9.3.4 running iPhone and iPad’s. Have a great day.
You may also like to Read,
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 3 months ago by .
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)