February 19, 2015 at 4:35 am #4518
Google has released two case studies today in its webmasters blog helping webmasters to learn how to fix hacked website or blog and get the site back online. Every webmaster had to come through this tough time, which is getting their website hacked for no reason and by some anonymous hackers. Google regularly updates security tips and guidelines to help website owners and bloggers to quickly solve the issues.
The delay in fixing hacked website also affects the site ranking in google search engine. So it is recommended to fix the problem as early as possible. Google Case Studies published in its webmasters blog shows two different scenarios of hacking incident and how the webmasters fixed their site security problem. Some of the important tips are,
- Keep the CMS (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal etc.,) and their plugins updated to latest version.
- Always use strong and complex password. You may consider trying out strongpasswordgenerator which will be very handy. Also try free password managers to generate passwords locally in your system.
- Enable 2 Step Authentication, if allowed. It is always secure and better way to protect the login section.
- Verify the non-www and www version of your website for hacking incidents.
- Also make sure your Windows PC is safe and secure from Malware, Viruses and Spyware. Consider Premium Antivirus softwares over Free Antivirus softwares. Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 are best among premium antivirus softwares to protect your PC against all types of attacks.
Thanks for reading, and do share this post with your friends at twitter, facebook and google+ to tell them as well. Learn to protect your website from being hacked. Have a great day.