Apple October 2013 event gave a huge surprise for Mac users. Mac OS X Mavericks was in the Developer Oven for some time and after several developer previews Apple is finally ready to announce the OS X Mavericks to mac users. Apple who make lot of money with software upgrade business by charging atleast 19$ for every OS X upgrade, announced that OS X Mavericks will be free to download for macbook and imac users.
Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president for software engineering announced this wonderful news today during the event. OS X Mavericks is well compatible from 2007 models of Macbook, Macbook Air, Mac mini and iMac.
The ultimate aim of making OS X Mavericks Free Download for mac users is to let more mac users run latest software and experience the best features. Whether you have Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion doesnt matter. You can upgrade to Mavericks OS X 10 at zero cost.
Download OS X Mavericks
Apple has You will get 200 plus new features when you upgrade for free to OS X Mavericks. Multiple Displays support, Interactive Notifications, iCloud Keychain, iBooks, Maps, New Finder Tab, Tags and lots of other features to mention. You can read the full feature details of OS X Mavericks at official apple website.
OS X Mavericks also has some technology advancements to improve your macbook battery life upto 1 hour for your movie watching and web surfing. Another technology addition in Mavericks does compression to the memory which allows you to use more Apps and multi tasking gets a lot better as well.
• Download and read books from the iBooks Store.
• Pick up right where you left off. iCloud keeps your current page up to date across all your devices.
• Swipe through Multi-Touch books with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more.
• Keep multiple books open while using other apps — great for writing a paper or doing research.
• Send directions from your Mac to your iPhone and use voice navigation when you’re on the go.
• Explore select cities in stunning, photo-realistic 3D with Flyover.
• See detailed directions, real-time traffic, and alternate routes.
• Find restaurants, stores, and other places of interest with local search in Maps.
• Create new events in a snap with the new, streamlined event inspector.
• Enter event locations fast with address autocompletion.
• Add walking or driving travel time to your event so you know when to leave.
• See a map of your event’s location, as well as the weather forecast for that day.
• See holidays and Facebook events in Calendar.
• Use Shared Links to discover new, interesting links posted by people you follow on Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Browse longer thanks to new core technologies that boost energy efficiency.
• Easily access your bookmarks, Reading List, and Shared Links in the new Sidebar.
• Protect your online privacy with new tracking-prevention features.
• Don’t worry about remembering passwords — iCloud Keychain fills them in so you don’t have to.
• Keep your website passwords, credit card numbers, and Wi-Fi passwords up to date across your trusted devices. Robust 256-bit AES encryption helps keep your information safe.
• Sign in once to all of your mail, contacts, calendar, and other internet accounts, and iCloud pushes them to all your Mac computers.
• Just plug in a second display to use it with your Mac — no configuration required.
• Access the Dock and the menu bars on each display.
• Use full-screen apps on any or all of your displays.
• Use your HDTV as a second display with Apple TV.
• Reply to mail or messages right from a notification, without having to leave the app you’re using.
• Receive notifications for incoming FaceTime calls and reply with an iMessage or set a callback reminder.
• Receive notifications from websites, even when Safari isn’t running.
• Declutter your desktop by consolidating multiple Finder windows into one.
• Move files between your tabs by simply dragging and dropping them.
• Select a custom view — icon, list, or column — for each of your tabs.
• Use tabs with full-screen Finder to organize and access all your files and folders.
• Organize files with tags no matter where they’re located — in iCloud or on your Mac.
• Give a document as many tags as you want.
• Click a tag in the Finder sidebar to see all the files with that tag.
• With energy-saving core technologies in OS X Mavericks, you can surf the web longer on a single charge.
• Watching iTunes HD video is now more efficient, so you can watch more video when you’re not plugged in.
• App Nap regulates applications you’re not using so they consume less energy.
OS X Mavericks System Requirements
Apple has also made the minimum system requirement details for running the all new OS X 10 in their website. iCloud Keychain on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch requires iOS 7.0.3. Multiple Display with Apple TV and an HDTV works with Apple TV (2nd generation or newer), iMac (mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Pro (early 2011 or newer), and Mac Pro (late 2013).
Thanks for reading and do share your views after downloading and trying the all new OS X on your mac computer. Have a wonderful and productive day.