The issue is on High Alert across the Web for E-Merchants and Webhosting Companies especially. Whoever receives donation from their website visitors also affected because of the paypals new restriction over indian account holders. Even though the majority of indian internet users use paypal these days the current reversal process irritates every one. The question is,
- There was no Announcement regarding the reversal process ?
- Is it advisable to hold all the transactions till an official clearance announcement from paypal end ?
- What will happen if i loose my customers as the payment made by them reversed ?
- Will Paypal loose its indian customers as we already started to look for paypal alternatives ?
Because there are people who get email from paypal, that the money (900$ to 1400$) have been reversed to the buyer who paid the money few hours back. Paypal Call center is too busy right now in answering the queries from indian merchants. However they are still promising there will not be any negative effect on the current policy.
* Moneybookers is said to be a positive alternative for Paypal in India.
People, who totally depend on donations and funds from their website are under RISK. We expect paypal should act as fast as possible. I just got 40$ reversed to one of my friend who sent me on 1st february, 2010 and i just sent an email to Paypal through Resolution Center and waiting for their reply.
Lets hope for the best !
(Maybe) Paypal Staff Reply to a Blog Post TechGround: Personal payments to and from India have been suspended while we address some questions from our business partners. You can still make commercial payments. WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re trying to resolve the situation as quickly as possible and weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.