Long awaited Apple iOS4 is ready for download. If you are using Apple iPod Touch 2G/3G or iPhone 3G/3GS devices, then connect your device with the iTunes 9 (latest) and let the automatic update check run or check for update. You will get the pop up confirmation window as iOS 4 available and ready to download.
You may also Read:
Just trigger the download with your latest iTunes software in place and enjoy the all new multi tasking operating system for your Apple Device.
iOS4 Firmware update allows you to do 100 new features including,
- Multitasking support for third-party apps*.
- Multitasking user interface to quickly move between apps.
- Support for audio apps to play in the background.
- VoIP apps can receive and maintain calls in the background or when device is asleep.
- Apps can monitor location and take action while running in the background.
- Alerts and messages can be pushed to apps using push and local notifications.
- Apps can complete tasks in the background.
- Folders to better organize and access apps.
- Home screen Wallpaper*.
– Unified inbox to view emails from all accounts in one place.
– Fast inbox switching to quickly switch between different email accounts.
– Threaded messages to view multiple emails from the same conversation.
– Attachments can be opened with compatible third-party apps.
– Search results can now be filed or deleted.
– Option to select size of photo attachments.
– Messages in the Outbox can be edited or deleted.
- Support for iBooks and iBookstore (available from the App Store)
- Photo and Camera improvements
- 5x digital zoom when taking a photo**
- Tap to focus during video recording**
- Ability to sync Faces from iPhoto
- Geo-tagged photos appear on a map in Photos
- Ability to create and edit playlists on device
- Calendar invitations can be sent and accepted wirelessly with supported CalDAV servers.
- Support for MobileMe calendar sharing.
- Suggestions and recent searches appear during a web search.
- Searchable SMS/MMS messages**
- Spotlight search can be continued on web and Wikipedia
- Enhanced location privacy
- New Location Services icon in the status bar
- Indication of which apps have requested your location in the last 24 hours
- Location Services can be toggled on or off for individual apps.
- Automatic spellcheck
- Support for Bluetooth keyboards*
- iPod out to navigate music, podcasts and audiobooks through an iPod interface with compatible cars
- Support for iTunes gifting of apps
- Wireless notes syncing with IMAP-based mail accounts
- Persistent WiFi connection to receive push notifications*
- New setting for turning on/off cellular data only**
- Option to display the character count while composing new SMS/MMS**
- Visual Voicemail messages can be kept locally even if they have been deleted from the server**
- Control to lock portrait orientation*
- Audio playback controls for iPod and third-party audio apps*
- New languages, dictionaries and keyboards
- Accessibility enhancements*
- Bluetooth improvements
- Better data protection using the device passcode as an encryption key* (Requires full restore.)
- Support for third-party Mobile Device Management solutions
- Enables wireless distribution of enterprise applications
- Exchange Server 2010 compatibility
- Support for multiple Exchange ActiveSync accounts
- Support for Juniper Junos Pulse and Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN apps (available from the App Store)
- More than 1,500 new developer APIs
- + Bug fixes
Products compatible with this software update:
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPod touch 2nd generation
- iPod touch 3rd generation (late 2009 models with 32GB or 64GB)
If you prefer manual downloading and restoration process, then download the iOS 4 for your device from the available direct link.
- iPhone 4 Firmware (iOS 4 Download)
- iPhone 3G S Firmware (iOS4 Download)
- iPhone 3G Firmware (iOS4 Download)
- iPod Touch 2G (iOS4 Download)
Enjoy the 100+ features of the iOS4 and do let us know your comments here.