There are a few ways you can connect your Macbook to a TV. Connecting a Mac to your TV using an HDMI cable is simple; some still prefer Wired Connectivity as a convenient option. If you recently bought a new Macbook Air, Pro, or Mac mini, here’s how to use HDMI to connect with your Big screen Television set.
Apple Airplay is an extraordinary feature to stream media across your Apple devices wirelessly. You can stream media content like movies, music, videos, and screen share with a couple of taps.
For example, you can easily pour a film from your iPhone into your Apple TV or other Mac products without external support. Still, making a TV as an external monitor using Airplay is impossible.
Some common Questions people have are,
- Why is my TV not reading my HDMI Cable?
- How do I connect my Macbook to my TV using HDMI?
- How do I mirror my Mac to my TV?
Some Pre-Requirements you need to check with your Mac are given below. New Macbook Pro models come with HDMI Ports. Using Macbook Air or other Mac computers without HDMI, you can connect a Mac to a TV with a USB-C cable. Watching Movies and favorite videos is going to look great.
Look at these images of the cables and converters to avoid purchasing the wrong one. I hope this visual aid proves helpful.
HDMI to DisplayPort Converter
USB C to USB A Converter
HDMI to Mini DisplayPort Cable
- If your Mac has an HDMI port, you can interface straightforwardly to HDMI with an HDMI cable.
- If your Mac has USB-C ports, you can associate HDMI with a connector, similar to the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
- If Mac has Mini DisplayPort, you can interface with HDMI with a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI connector or cable.
There is a catch, though. Before you can play sound from your Mac through your TV using the Mini DisplayPort, you need to select the appropriate cable. The cable must support the audio codec to enable sound transmission. Additionally, ensure that your Mac is compatible with playing sound through the Mini DisplayPort.
To check that, Follow these steps
- Select About This Mac, the Apple menu bar on your Mac, and snap on Overview.
- Select System Report, then, at that point, select Audio from the equipment area in the sidebar.
- Under Devices, you ought to see the HDMI Output or HDMI/DisplayPort option.
You may not know which cable is what; kindly check the images I have shown below,
If you are all done choosing an appropriate cable for your TV and Mac, follow the tutorial below to connect a Mac using HDMI.
How to connect your Mac computer to a TV?
To connect to a TV from your Mac first,
You must connect one end of your HDMI cable to your Mac and the other to your TV.
If the display is not in the right position or size, you must check and adjust the resolution on your Mac.
- Go to the Apple menu bar – System Preferences and snap on Displays.
- Click on Display Settings close to the lower part of the window, then, at that point, select your TV from the left half of the spring-up window.
- Close to Resolution, select the Default for Display option. If this doesn’t show how you would like, you can choose Scaled and customize it manually.
How to play sound through your TV?
To play sound,
- Go to Apple menu bar > System Preferences and snap on Sound.
- Select the Output tab, then select your TV from the rundown.
By utilizing these four easy steps, you will be able to Connect a Mac computer to a TV Using an HDMI cable; I hope this article helped you to Connect a Mac to a TV; thanks for reading, and if you find this post useful, do share it with your friends on Twitter and Facebook.
Someone who doesn’t know how to Connect a Mac computer to a TV Using an HDMI cable will also be able to connect. Have a wonderful day!